Saturday, September 8, 2007

"GuidedMissileWontUnlock"

Here's an old one that I believe Mr_Molez had on a private site, but I haven't seen it anywhere else so I'll post it here.

Normally, when one dies after shooting a guided missile, the missile no longer tracks the target. This cheat is listed as one of the "Subtle Cheats" of BZFlag, and what it does is it continues to track the target, even after dying. Here's how to do it.

In LocalPlayer.cxx, find this line:
target = NULL; // lose lock when dead

And delete it.

5 comments:

Someone said...

Even better:

GM Multi-Lock

GM's keep their original lock unless their target dies. GM also locks on automatically. (includes GMWontUnlock)

In src/bzflag/GuidedMissileStrategy.cxx:

Find:
LocalPlayer* myTank = LocalPlayer::getMyTank();
if (myTank)
target = myTank->getTarget();

Replace with:
if (lastTarget == NoPlayer) {
setTarget();
LocalPlayer* myTank = LocalPlayer::getMyTank();
if (myTank)
target = myTank->getTarget();
} else {
target = lookupPlayer(lastTarget);
}

phasmophage said...

Wow, someone. You're always one-upping me. Well actually, you're way ahead of me now, I haven't been posting any new cheats of my own for a while. How do you find the time to do all of this? Anyway, nice job. Did you want to become a team member?

Someone said...

Thanks. You mean become a contributor? OK.

The teleport hack is nice. I have to try that. :)

Someone said...

Thanks. You mean become a contributor? OK.

The teleport hack is nice. I have to try that. :)

phasmophage said...

Yeah, sure, you can become a contributor. Would you like to be one? If so, let me know.
-Phaz